- Executive Director, Woo Center for Big Data and Precision Medicine, Pratt Engineering, Duke
- Co-founder and President, North Carolina Chinese Scholars Sino-US Exchange Association (NCCSEA)
- Office Location: 101 Science Dr., Box 3382, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD, Beijing Institute of Genomics, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
As the Executive Director, Zhaohui works closely with Dr. Xiling Shen to build, develop, and implement precision health program and new global partnerships for DAP center. His responsibilities mainly include: building a precision health program; identifying prospective research partners, and prospect pipeline development; identifying and soliciting new funding opportunities; managing collaborative partnerships; serving as central point of contact for the program; generating reports for internal use and for communication with partners; participating in meetings with private and commercial research sponsors; contributing to intellectual property development and prosecution; and managing logistics for grant proposal and article submissions with an emphasis on technical grant writing and manuscript editing.
Zhaohui Wang obtained his Ph.D. in molecular and biochemistry from the Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2013. Prior to joining the DAP center, he was a Senior Research Associate at the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke, working to identify genetic alterations, establish pre-clinical glioma animal models, and develop novel targeted therapies for gliomas.
At the DAP center, Zhaohui’s research primarily focuses on establishing patient-derived organoid cultures for multiple cancer types and developing droplet-based microfluidic rapid drug screening platform, with a strong translational potential to guide the personalized treatments for cancer patients.